Spartan is a startup freight brokerage with an aggressive drive towards growth and a dedicated focus on technology. Currently, we are investing in winners. In people who will invest in themselves and their teammates. People who go the extra mile, put in the extra work, and do what it takes to be successful are the ones we want. The no excuses type of people.
After a training program focusing on managing freight, this position will be responsible for selling our services to shippers, manufactures and/or carriers. That means a lot of cold calling and a lot of perseverance. The abilities to effectively communicate, multi-task, work cooperatively in a team environment and build relationships are musts.
· You are a self-motivating individual with a strong sense of urgency.
· You need the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and multitask with the best of them. The ability to have two lines ringing, be talking on another while responding to an email simultaneously is a must.
· You must welcome a challenge and aggressively pursue learning new things.
· Your analytical skills are unmatched.
· You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· College degree in business or transportation field is preferred, but not required.
· Candidate must possess a strong professional demeanor
· Understand and negotiate customer and carrier freight rates.
· Understand variety of transportation modes and work cooperatively with customers to find freight solutions.
· Use traditional and electronic communication tools to make contact with prospective, current and former clients to identify business opportunities.
· Develop client relationships and shipping lanes through daily activities.
· Establish new business within proper guidelines or credit policy.
· Candidate will be responsible for sourcing new carrier relationships and documenting carrier information.
· Effectively plan to meet company targets and customer goals.
To be discussed
Spartan Logistics offers excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, and other opportunities to prosper in a growing company
Reply with resume and